Information About Taksiyarhis Church
Taksiyarhis Church of Turkey's Balikesir province in Ayvalık district and a church was built in 1873.
Taksiyarhis Church was built by the Greek Orthodox (Moschonese) community of Alibey (Cunda) Island as the Metropolitan Church on its old foundations. In the years it was built, the majority of Cunda Island was Greek and the Greek population was around 8.000-10.000. The church is attributed to 'Taxiarhis', the Archangel Archangel Gabriel and Mikhail. It is still the most important monument of Cunda Island.
In 1927-1928, the church building was turned into a minaret-free mosque. In the following periods, it stood in an abandoned way for a while, then it was registered as kültür immovable cultural property to be protected and protected by temporary measures for a long time.
The bell inside II. During World War II it was displaced and used to inform the public. Later, it became the biggest bell in the world. This bell is now on display at the Pergamon Museum in Berlin, Germany.
Entries Fee: for student 3 TL, others 7 TL.
Opening Hours,History,Facts,interior,inside,Entrance Fee,Architecture, Location Map,Pics,Price,Description,Directions,Google Map,Location,images,Landmarks,Photos,Things To Visit,Tourist Map Guide,Turkey,Church,Churches,Must Visit Places,Visitor Attractions,Balıkesir,Taksiyarhis Church