Emirgan Corps Map And Location
Information About Emirgan Corps
Emirgân Korusu is a temple located in Sarıyer town in Istanbul. It is located between the Emirgan-Istinye districts on the shores of the Bosphorus. On the shores of the Bosphorus, an area of 47.2 hectares is spread over the ridges and slopes. The surrounding area is surrounded by high walls.
Koru, the Ottoman sultan in the 17th century IV. Murad gave the Iranian Emir Güne Han a gift. Previously referred to as Feridun Bahçeleri, the region began to be referred to as the Emirgan Corps. It has changed hands many times over the centuries and was given to Hidivi Ismail Pasha of Egypt by the Ottoman Sultan Abdulaziz in the 19th century. Between 1871 and 1878, three pavilions were built in the grove. These mansions, which reach to the daily life, are called as Yellow Pavilion, Pink Pavilion and White Pavilion. In 1940, the mayor of Istanbul was expropriated by the initiative of Lütfi Kırdar and organized as a park and opened to the public.
The Lala Festival is held every April from 2006 onwards.