Ankara State Museum of Painting and Sculpture Map And Location
Information About Ankara State Museum of Painting and Sculpture
Ankara State Painting and Sculpture Museum is an art museum and cultural center located in Namazgâh hill in Ulus district of Altındağ district of Ankara.
The museum, which was commissioned on 6 April 1980, is located in the historical building, which was built in 1927 as the Mimarlık Central Building of the Turkish Cookers 19 and accepted as one of the best examples of the 1st National Architectural Movement. He has a rich collection of works of art reflecting the period of formation and development of the history of Turkish plastic art before and after the Republic. The museum exhibits the original works of a large number of artists from Osman Hamdi Bey to Abdülmecid Efendi, from Şeker Ahmet Paşa to Fikret Mualla, from Şevket Dağ to Şefik Bursalı, İbrahim Çallı and Abidin Dino.
There is a stage in the museum building suitable for operetta representations. This stage, which has served as the first Culture and Art Hall of Ankara, is used today for the performances of operas of Ankara State Opera and Ballet as well as for concerts of other art institutions and private art groups and for congresses, panels and conferences for cultural purposes.
History of the building
Turkish Quarry Center Building
The historical building, which serves as a museum building, is the fourth building from the large public building in Ankara. In 1924, the building was built as a Turkish hearth building and received proposals from the famous architects of the time. The project was approved by the President Mustafa Kemal Pasha when the watercolor painting by architect Arif Hikmet Bey was admired and the construction of the building started on March 21, 1927.
Mustafa Kemal demanded the use of Turkish ornaments in the building and ordered only the work of the Turkish workers. Architect Koyunoglu completed the construction of the building in April 1930 by collecting the mausoleum masters and bringing marble from Marmara Island. Marble master Hüseyin Avni, master of mining, Baki and Ankara's Hüseyin Efendiler worked in the construction.
After the closure of the Turkish hearths at the beginning of 1931, the Turkish Central Office was transferred to the Republican People's Party (Party) on June 10, 1931.
Ankara People's House
The structure began to serve as the Ankara Community Center in 1932. decorated with Turkish motifs, made from rosewood 500-seat building is a local hall, the opera to be staged for the first time in the history of the Republic of Turkey in Ankara Community Center is used as Özsoy Opera, June 19, 1934; Taş Bebek Opera House, 27 December 1934); the first language and history congresses (I. Turkish History Congress, 2 July 1932; I. Turkish Language Congress, 26 September-5 October 1932) hosted such important events.
Allocation to Various Institutions
Upon the closure of Halkevleri in 1952, the building was transferred to the treasury, and the authority to use it was re-opened to Turkish Quarries. Between 1952 and 1961, in addition to the events organized by the Turkish Cookers Association, the performances of the State Theaters and the marriage services of the Municipality of Ankara were given. The building was given to the National Education in 1961, the Village Works in 1965, to the Ministry of National Defense in 1971 and to the Ministry of National Education in 1972; Public Education Center and Evening Art School. During all these exchanges, some of the historical objects were destroyed in the building which was very worn; the hall of the hall was dismantled, the scene was not used.
Museum and Cultural Center
The building was transferred to the Ministry of Culture in 1975 and the works started to be turned into museums. In 1985, with the contributions of Hacı Ömer Sabancı Foundation, the building began to be restored in accordance with its original shape. Thus, the function of the museum as well as the function of the cultural center won. The capacity of the hall is 468 and it has 426 seats in recent years. It is frequently used both for the performances of the General Directorate of State Opera and Ballet and for the activities of other organizations.
The museum has 6 halls with permanent exhibitions. Up to 750 works are exhibited in these halls. There are 1114 pictures in the museum inventory. Paintings, sculptures, ceramics, prints and works of Turkish decorative art dating back to the time of the Republic of Turkey are exhibited. The paintings of such painters as Şeker Ahmet Pasha, Abdülmecid Efendi, Hüseyin Zekai Pasha, Halil Pasha, Hoca Ali Rıza, and Ibrahim Çallı, Hikmet Onat and Namık İsmail are the works of artists such as Namık İsmail.
The first works of the collection are Osman Hamdi Bey's “Gun Merchant ut, Vasili Vereşçagin's Z At the Head of Timur's Tomb Baş, Zonaro's“ Young Girl Portrait ag and Emel Korutürk's “Thanksgiving to Gazi di. The building was received from the Ministry of National Education in 1976 with these four well-known paintings.
The formation of the museum was achieved in 1978 by the collection of art works in state institutions. The artist group was established for the collection and collection of the works of art. The team identified 500 works worth the collection; these works were collected with a Prime Ministry circular, restoration and coservations.
Adnan Ötüken, the founder of the National Library, has restored some of the artifacts in the collection as a result of the table purchases and added to the museum collection; a table was purchased from museums abroad. Şeref Akdik's wife, Sara Akdik's forty works, Şeref Akdik's collection, Çelik Gülersoy's seven works collection collection, Emel Korutürk's portrait of İbrahim Çallı, Ibrahim Cimcoz's portrait of İbrahim Çallı, Hikmet Onat, Bedri Rahmi Eyüboğlu, Eşref Üren and The collection expanded with the donations of Arif Kaptan. According to the census and determination studies carried out in 1997, there were 4687 works in the collection. There were some breaks in the museum's picture collection chain due to reasons such as the paintings that should be found in the museum building for various public institutions.
In order to determine the originality of the works in the museum and to determine the originality of the two separate counting commissions created in 2007 and 2008 as a result of the loss of 256 pieces of work, 14 works of lost / fake (original photocopied), 32 of the work is fake, with a total of 302 works without fakes reported. While the works were going on, it was understood that in 2009, 13 charcoal sketches belonging to Hoca Ali Rıza were stolen from their places. Some of the paintings that were sold and sold by a organized crime organization were captured in the house of various collectors in 2013 as a result of investigations and raids. Sixty-one of the missing statements were found in the ongoing raids in 2014.
where is State Painting and Sculpture Museum locayion and map